Wants to have a good look at Cebu’s historical sites museums within just a night?
Then you are reading the right blog. The Gabii sa Kabilin is an annual event by the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation partnered with the Cebu City, Talisay City, Mandaue City, and the Lapu-Lapu City Government.
This is held every last Friday of the month of May in time for the Philippine National Heritage Month and International Museum Day. The event started last 2007 with just four of Cebu City’s museum as participants. GSK’s main purpose is to encourage Cebuano’s to visit museums and to preserve Cebu’s rich culture heritage.
This year, the Gabii sa Kabilin event will be held this Friday, May 26, 2017, with 27 participating sites. GSK will start at 6:00 PM until midnight. Indeed, a full night of walking into Cebu’s memories.
- Archdiocesan Museum of Cebu
- Archdiocesan Shrine of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Basilica del Santo Niño Museum
- Casa Gorodo Museum
- Cebu City Museum
- Cebu Provincial Capitol
- Democrito T. Mendoza Museum
- Don Sergio Osmeña Sr. Memorabilia and CAP Art Gallery
- Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple
- Fort San Pedro and Plaza Independencia
- Iglesia Filipina Independiente Cathedral os Sto. Niño
- Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum
- Museo Parian – 1730 Jesuit House
- Museo Sugbo
- Museum of Bicycling
- Museum of Heritage and Folk Art
- Museum of Naive Art (MoNA) – West Gorordo Hotel
- Plaza Parian by AboitizLand
- Archdiocesan Shrine of San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish Church
- St. Theresa’s College – Folklife Museum
- Sugbo Chinese Heritage Museum
- United Church of Christ of the Philippines – Bradford Memorial Chapel
- University of the Philippines Cebu
- Talisay City Museum
- Talisay Beach Landing
- Collegium Societatis Angeli Pacis Museum
- Mandaue Presidencia
- Mactan Shrine
To keep the people safe, several roads will be closed during the event. These roads include Lopez Jaena St., Mabini St., P. Burgos St. from the corners of V. Gullas and M.C. Briones St., and a portion of the historical Colon St. from the corner of Jakosalem St. to Mabini St.
Tickets for the event is sold for only Php 150.00 and the participants will be able to enjoy various activities like cultural performances, food exhibits, art fairs, and much more. There are also activities for participating kids. It’s fun and more than what you’ll pay for!
For ticket reservations, you can visit any GSK participating sites or you can call (032) 411-1767 or visit http://www.rafi.org.ph/culture-heritage/gabii-sa-kabilin/. Tickets are selling fast so hurry now!
See you on the event and let us enjoy Cebu’s history at its finest! 🙂
Follow, like, and share my Facebook Page: ChayaJane!