Planning on a trip to Dumaguete?
Here’s a guide on how you can get to Dumaguete via Cebu.
Dumaguete City is now very accessible either via air, sea, or land. Due to its beauty, the place itself or the people, Dumaguete has been receiving good reviews from local and foreign visitors.
If you came from Manila and the air tickets are sky-high due to its limited flights, you might want to consider starting your Dumaguete adventure via Cebu. Cebu routes have cheaper flight tickets and have the more probability of having air fare promos.
How to go to Dumaguete City?
- From Mactan International Airport, hire a taxi cab or take public transportation to South Bus Terminal.
- At the South Bus Terminal, take a Ceres bus bound for Bato (Liloan). There are also buses that go directly to Dumaguete, just ask the bus conductor on which will leave first. Bus fare from Cebu City to Liloan, Santander is around Php 200.00. The travel time would take approximately 4 hours.
- In the Liloan Ferry Port, fast crafts are available bound for Sibulan, Negros Oriental. Ferry fare would be Php 62.00 that already includes the terminal fee. Travel time would be approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Once you get to Sibulan Port, you can hire a tricycle or ride a PUJ to take you to Dumaguete City. PUJ fare would not be more than Php 14.00. If you chose to take the tricycle, practice your haggling talents so you can make a good deal with the driver.
- Check in to your hotel. If you are on a tight budget, Grand Pension Plaza is perfect for you. They have rooms available for as low as Php 800.00 per night.
Daily Direct Trip Schedule Dumaguete City to Cebu and Vice Versa
|Dumaguete City Departure||Cebu City Departure|
|3:15 AM||6:00 AM|
|4:15 AM||7:00 AM|
|5:45 AM||9:00 AM|
|7:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|8:20 AM||11:30 AM|
|10:15 AM||3:00 PM|
|11:20 AM||4:00 PM|
|2:15 PM||6:00 PM|
|10:30 PM||11:00 PM|
There are other options that you can if you hate riding bus and transportation transfers. You can either take a direct ferry (Oceanjet) from Cebu Port to Dumaguete City. Price would be more expensive compared to taking the bus but travel time would only take 4 hours.
Personally, I prefer taking the bus because I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Southern Cebu. I’ll be traveling back to Dumaguete next month, who knows? We might bump into each other. Kita kits mga byahero!
For more updates, like and share my facebook page, ChayaJane 🙂